1618 is an extremely clear epoxy coating for sealing or beautifying most surfaces. It will waterproof and provide protection against environmental exposure, animal urine and most cleaners and solvents. 1618 has excellent thermal shock and impact resistance and exhibits superior adhesion to most surfaces such as concrete, metal, wood and fiberglass. 1618 is a special low-exotherming formula that is ideal for use as a clear casting epoxy. 1618 is 100% solids epoxy and is fully tintable for custom coloring applications.
1618 is widely used in naturalistic zoological environments and marine habitats, museum dioramas, amusement parks, modeling studios and is even durable enough for heavy industrial flooring applications.
- Superior adhesion Excellent bond to most surfaces
- Outstanding durability Moisture, impact and shock resistant
- No solvents – 100% solids V.O.C. compliant
- Crystal clear formula Ideal for mold castings
1618 is also excellent as a sealer coat over artificial rock and coral structure used in underwater exhibits and aquariums.
- Surface should be prepared by using conventional cleaning methods such as shot blasting, acid etching, disc grinding, sandbtasting or power washing. The surface to be covered should be free of loose materials, paints, sealants or oils. Use #20 solvent to remove oils and dirt.
- Blend 2 parts A (Resin) to 1 part B (Hardener) by volume. Mix with low speed drill until uniform color appears. DO NOT ADD SOLVENTS!
- Apply to prepared surf ace with brush, short nap rollr, squeegee or airless sprayer. Maintain temperature of material above 50° F. Do not apply to wet/damp floors. Do not apply in humid conditions.
- Allow 24 hours @ 75° F for light foot traffic. Allow 48 hours for machine traffic.
Available in 1.5 Quart, 3 Gallon Kits, 15 Gallon Kits and 150 Gallon Drum Kits.