RTV 500 High Temp Red Silicone is a single component, non-sag gel that cures to a tough, rubbery solid at room temperature on exposure to water vapor in the air (acetoxy cure.)
This Silicone was formulated to perform at temperatures ranging from -85 to 500 degrees Fahrenheit (-65 to 260 degrees Celsius) and at 600(316 degrees Celsius) degrees Fahrenheit.
It is ideally suited for the following typical applications: applying ceramic tiles and bricks, sealing and encapsulating heating elements in appliances, bag filters on smoke stacks and manifolds.
It's designed to meet the requirements of MIL-A-46106A, Amend. 2, Type 1, and when fully cured and washed meets the requirements of FDA Regulation #21
1. Surface to be repaired shall be dry and free of oils, dirt, coatings or other contaminants. Eliminate any feather-edges by saw cutting or chipping a minimum ¾” deep square edge.
2. Cut tip to desired bead size. Dispense with caulking gun
3. Apply Sealant at 45 degree angle by pushing sealant ahead of nozzle
4. Work material with putty knife or similar tool
5. Allow 30 minutes to touch; 24 hours for full cure and strength