320-2 Rubber Belt Repair is a 100% solids, two component flexibilized epoxy. Formulated to exhibit excellent adhesion and flexural properties equal to rubber itself. Surface preparation is
vitally important prior to applying this material as is using a propane torch or heat gun to achieve the desired results in a cured product.
320-2 will not shrink or sag during application or cure. The 1 to 1 ratio and long shelf life are among this unique product's benefits. 320-2 can be used to repair worn surfaces, cover metal machine clips or metal stitching on conveyor belts.
Belts must be free from oils to insure proper adhesion. Test belt by heating with Rose Bud torch to detect oil, or grind with disc to see if gummy particles of
rubber appear. Do not use 320-2 if the oil or gummy particles appear during grinding of belt.
- Align area of belt to be repaired in a convex form (preferably over an idler)
- Remove any loose rubber or scale on or near the repair
- Cut always with razor knife any loose pieces that may interfere with adhesion.
- Roughen the surface to be repaired with a wire wheel, flapper wheel or grinder. 6 around the perimeter of wound)
- Clean the surface using a clean rag and #20 solvent.
- If the temperature of belt is below 40°F, heat belt until warm to the touch. Preheat the surface using 320-2 Master Repair Kit Heater or Rate Bud propane torch.
- Mix for approximately 2 minutes (ratio1 to 1 by volume) or until uniform color appears.
- Apply 320-2 Rubber Bolt Repair by troweling onto surface.